Saturday, December 5, 2020

every day is the end





you may not like it but it’s true
i am a person just like you
i am the greatest of all time
so please throw me a lousy dime

i vowed to conquer like alexander
but my dreams were so much grander
i had one mission from my birth
and that was to bring peace on earth

at first my path was rough and stormy
nobody had any time for me
no one cared what i had to say
and went on their merry way

but i perservered
i grew a long black beard
my eyes flashed fire and ice
and i stopped playing nice

where to begin?
the world was filled with sin
eyes were glazed, and hearts were cold
armageddon had grown old

i would sand on the corner and shout
but the street tuned me out
my feet got flat and my beard got gray
and not a passerby looked my way

i sat in my little room
and decided to change my tune
of all men i would be least
and preach forgiveness and peace

i stopped speaking and held a sign
simply announcing the end of time
i lost my menacing frown
my blood pressure went down

the present future and past
were none of them built to last
wanderer, take note
we are all sinking in the same boat

you may mot like it but it’s true
i am a dreamer just like you
if you pass me by some time
throw me a lousy dime




No comments:

Post a Comment